Marine Industries Association of PBC - Marketing & Membership Manager
About: “The Voice of Palm Beach County's Boating Community.” The Marine Industries Association of Palm Beach County, Inc. (MIAPBC) is a not-for-profit 501c6 organization created to promote and protect the sound growth of the marine industry in Palm Beach County for the benefit and education of its members, the community, and the environment. The Association proudly owns the Palm Beach International Boat Show and produces the Palm Beach Holiday Boat Parade and toy drive.
- Reports directly to the executive director.
- Assist with membership recruitment, renewal, and retention.
- Assist in planning and executing monthly board meetings, committee meetings, and events.
- Act as sponsor liaison for events, as needed.
- Manage volunteer coordination, as needed.
- Assist with production of all publications and marketing materials.
- Assist in managing website and social media pages, including content creation.
- Attend meetings, lunches, events, etc. throughout the community, as needed.
- Assist in hiring and supervision of interns and other employees, as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience managing social media sites: Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Must meet deadlines and be able to multi-task in an often fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Comfortable being on boats and around water
- Degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Experience using Constant Contact or similar
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Experience using Hootesuite social media management platform or similar
- Experience using Canva or basic knowledge of graphic design
- Basic knowledge of boating and local waterways
The list of responsibilities/requirements, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks and requirements performed within this job classification. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the position’s responsibilities/requirements. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
This position is full-time Monday through Friday, with an occasional weekend day. Office hours are from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Salary to commensurate with experience. Range: $50,000-$60,000
Please email resumes to Executive Director Alyssa Freeman: firstname.lastname@example.org