Jun 05, 2019
The Marine Industries Association of Palm Beach County has a job opening for a full-time administrative assistant
Who is the MIAPBC?
The Marine Industries Association of Palm Beach County, Inc. (MIAPBC) is a not-for-profit organization created to promote and protect the sound growth of the marine industry in Palm Beach County for the benefit and education of its members, the community, and the environment. Its goal is to grow the boating industry, the local economy, and to provide a voice for marine industry businesses. Established in 1985 with just a handful of members, the organization has grown to represent more than 500 business and individual members. Through community involvement and active lobbying, the MIAPBC has taken a leading role in marine related initiatives throughout Florida. The MIAPBC owns and sponsors the Palm Beach International Boat show, one of the top 10 boat shows in the world. It produces and sponsors the Palm Beach Holiday Boat Parade and Toy Drive, which has become a top toy collector in the nation for the Toys for Tots Organization. The MIAPBC also produces and sponsors Palm Beach Paddlefest locally in Jupiter each February and featuring a variety of times paddle races.
· Assist in planning and executing monthly board meetings, committee meetings and networking events; annual events; and any other events which should arise.
· Assist in volunteer coordination.
· Assist in managing monthly and annual publications such as the monthly newsletter, annual Boat Show insert in The Palm Beach Post, and annual Boaters’ Directory.
· Assist in managing MIAPBC websites and monitoring social media pages.
· Assist in membership recruitment, renewal and retention.
· Attend meetings, lunches, events, etc. throughout the community as needed.
· Perform regular administrative tasks such as answering phones and email, purchasing office supplies, generating mailings and blast emails, etc.
· Experience in all Microsoft Office programs
· Experience with social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team setting
· Must meet deadlines and be able to multi-task
· Experience with Constant Contact is a plus
· Able to work occasional nights and weekends
· Must have a valid Florida driver’s license
· $12-$15 per hour, based on experience.